BusinessObjects Board

Adding transparent icons to toolbar buttons

Hi all,

I’ve added a toolbar to BusinessObjects but now, I’ve problems adding transparent icons to the buttons of that toolbar. Do I need to do something special to add these icons?? :confused:

Thanks,

Schuster :united_arab_emirates: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

What is a transparent icon?

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

Well, I don’t know is that is the correct word in english….

What I want is to see the background color as it is in the main application (reporter in this case). To do that, you create the icons (gif files in this case) with a transparent background but in my reporter toolbar I see the icons with a white background… any ideas to fix that?

No idea.

Have you assigned some form of action to the .Action property of the command button? Are you sure it’s not disabled?

The button is working fine, I’ve assigned an action to the OnAction property and it is working. The problem is just the color; and to add another twist… the same icon from a VB application works correctly, I mean it doesn’t show the white background… :confused: :wah:

Don’t know. Maybe there’s a Background property to the button or an API call but I’m at a loss. Sorry.

A gif image can have a transparent background, but it may not work quite the way you expect. All pixels have a color, but inside the gif file, one color is designated as being transparent. After that, it’s up to the application to interpret the color as transparent and substitute the background color instead at the time it is displayed. At least that’s the way I understand it. I learned it when I created the EDS logo in my sig here on BOB. Internet Explorer honors the “transparency” color, and apparently “real VB” does too, but it’s quite possible that BusObj does not.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Schuster or any other group members,

I have custom VBA code. I would like users to provide a button in toolbars for every reports they access with automatic load when they login to Business Objects full client.

Could you please provide me a code you have used to create a button in toolbar.

I am using BusinessObjects 6.5 fullclient

Thanks,

Monti :us: (BOB member since 2003-07-29)

Follow this link to the SDK documentation. Under BusinessObjects SDK, and Developer Guide, there is a document called Customizing BusinessObjects, and it contains chapters on the user interface, including command bars, buttons, etc.

You can probably find many samples here on BOB, but I know for sure this utility does build menu selections, toolbars, etc.

Those two items should get you started.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayne,

Thanks! Both the links helped me a lot.

Monti

Monti :us: (BOB member since 2003-07-29)