BusinessObjects Board

Urgent help PREVENTING DRILL-UP on Hierarchy....

What I need it so PREVENT a DRILLUP on a Hierarchy…

IN the universe the ORG is like this:

SVP
RD
DM
STORE

I have queries / reports created whereby I’m required to pull in “sibling” data. So say I run the query for District M0001 (DM). The Query is designed to pull info for ALL Districts that are in the same REGION (RD) as M0001.

That is working fine.

But when I set the field to Drill Down… the report ALLOWS not only a DRILL DOWN from DM to STORE,…but it also allows a DRILLUP from DM to RD to SVP…which is really NOT valid.

I would like to PREVENT the report from DrillingUP.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO PLACE SOME KIND OF RESTRICTION AT THE REPORT LEVEL …that will prevent a DRILL UP any higher than DM… when the Universe Hierarchy is setup for the ENTIRE organization?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks
CRXIuser2005

CRXIuser2005 :us: (BOB member since 2006-12-04)

If you add very urgent/urgent you will just be ignored in this forum.
Please do not do that.

As for the answer. I am not sure how to prevent drill up but I know that you can set up your drill options in Infoview/ Preferences/ Webi Tab / Select a view format section…

Hope this Helps.

monty4u :us: (BOB member since 2006-12-12)

Ok…I’ve been holding back for awhile. But I must say this about BOB:

This is the absolute WORST forum I have ever seen. The help takes WAY too long, I’m talking DAYS before comments are even replied to. I’ve posted questions that have NEVER been answered and believe me they were NOT that difficult either…

However…if you want the top of the line…absolute professionalizm…go to …www…com [Edited, link removed, advertising in particular for commerical websites is not allowed on BOB. Thank you, Andreas.]

This website is the BEST most informative website available to the Tech Industry…and it has a BO forum…and I’m just sticking with them.

Your comment stating that “ADDING URGENT TO MY POSTING WOULD ONLY GET MY QUESTION IGNORED…” is totally pathetic.

Enjoy your “so-called” help forum…as for me…it has been TOTALLY AND UTTERLY USELESS. And if you take time to research the “answers” or should I say the ATTEMPTED GUESSES to the questions…you will see what I’m talking about…

Enjoy…

CRXIuser2005 :us: (BOB member since 2006-12-04)

Well, I have been observing the questions you post. None of the questions you had posted are for your purpose. rather questions posted in the other forum.
We had already discussed about the site you had referred is a paid site and hence you can get free service by increasing your points level (which is what you are trying to do, by stealing answers).

The question you had asked in BOB is asked by some other person here and similarly other questions.

Frequently you had mentioned you are new to Webintelligence XI. If you are new and want to provide expert solution, take few training classes. I’m going to take one such classes, you always welcome to join me.

There are lot of members who are more versed and super expert (than you) who are helping out of their interest. And none of the members in BOB have monetary intensions like what you have.

Dont show your attitude here, I can serve more than you, free of service. No one is your daddy here.

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Remember, that this board is run by volunteers only (read: answers are provided free of charge in contrast to the commercial website you are citing), some of the members are well known Business Objects consultants with years of experience. Nevertheless, sometimes people do not know the answer, or it might take time until a member has time to read and possibly answer your questions.

BOB goes back to the classic Business Objects product suite, although the company Business Objects has bought Crystal some time ago most members on BOB might have a strong Business Objects classic background and no or only some knowledge of Crystal Reports.

Pretty blunt way of advertising a commercial site… (therefore link removed).

Please, feel free to choose the forum/message board, which suits your needs the best. Good luck :slight_smile:

Now, finally to answer your question: there is no way I am aware of to prevent drilling-up, but for possibly putting object security on the higher level dimension (for example: on dimension country).

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

One way around it might be to turn off drill down altogether and use linked documents? Just a thought.

And also this site is THE site for BO technical and application help. Just watch it for a while Mr 5 second man :mrgreen:

SteveR :australia: (BOB member since 2004-08-27)

Some folks look for different things from BOB. I’m sorry that you’re not finding what you need, but I don’t see that there is any point in talking down to a community that is coming up on its five-year anniversary and has roots going back even further than that. You are, of course, free to use whatever resources you prefer and gain the most benefit from.

I don’t know that there is anything else that needs to be said along these lines, so I’m going to close the topic before things get out of hand. Thanks for understanding.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)