BusinessObjects Board

Disabling/removing the "No data to fetch" message

hi,selvaips

The code is writen in javascript,you don’t need any SDK to make it work but just comment the code.I think BO use javaBean or servlet to call displayNoDataToFetch function,so you have to comment the body of this function in viewer.js file,Then the function will do nothing.

Good luck.
megan.

megan :cn: (BOB member since 2006-10-27)

Thank you Megan…

I have one more doubt. I am able to see the same file in another location which is :

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise115\InfoView\Webi\viewer\language\en\scripts

What’s the different between these two files. One is coming from the webserver and one from above mentioned location.

Which one needs to be updated?

Also, if I want to achieve this for full client? Is that one ies enough? Or Do I have to see somewhere else?

Any idea?

Selva.

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

Hi megan,

Thanks very much . It worked beautifully.

thanks,
J WOOD

wood :nepal: (BOB member since 2006-06-05)

Hi There,

But disabling this would disable all empty messages for all Business Object Reports. Am i right? Is your requirement for that particular report only?

thanks,
antzcp04

antzcp04 (BOB member since 2006-08-04)

Is there any way i can stop this for a single report?

This will be great help.

What i can think of to try to retrieve the unique key in that report and add additional script on the function to disable it only in the report…So basically you have to do a if else

thanks,
antzcp04

antzcp04 (BOB member since 2006-08-04)

This only affects reports being refreshed through InfoView. I think this is a good idea all the time. Only developers using the WebI panel or DeskI client should need to know there was no data.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

It only affects when we open report by clicking on reports name. If we open report being developer(i mean clicking on modify button) we still see pop up saying “No data to retrieve” message if there is no data.

Exactly! To be honest, developers shouldn’t care. Users are the ones who don’t get it.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

:smiley:
hi,all:

Exactly,when we modify the webi report in java panel,we are using java applet,so we can not do any modifing in this mode because all the editing and viewing things are done in java class.

If you just want to hide the empty message for several special reports,you can add verify codes in the block of displayNoDataToFetch() function,such as

function displayNoDataToFetch(s,cb)
{
if(strDocName=='rpt1'||strDocName=='rpt2'){
//nothing to do
}else{
showAlertDialog("No data to retrieve in "+s,"Retrieving Data",0,cb);
}
}

don’t put more attention on strDocName,it’s a javascript variable that has been defined at the other place and has been initialized with the document name you are viewing.Just use it.

A suggest,good luck.
megan.

megan :cn: (BOB member since 2006-10-27)

It’s a really good topic over here. I was really struggled a lot to get the solution for how to suppress the pop up coming in when there is no data.

I have got an appreciation for this from the manager and the credit goes to you guys who shared their knowledge here on this topic.

Thanks much :slight_smile:

Selva.

selvaips (BOB member since 2005-05-03)

this would be for the .net version of infoview.

grumpy (BOB member since 2006-09-14)

So for .net, the below link is the right place to change or is it somewhere else?

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise115\InfoView\Webi\viewer\language\en\scripts

kurt (BOB member since 2006-11-06)

I did reach the following link, but after that I am unable to find any folder named “WebI”.

The link is :

webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\InfoView

kurt (BOB member since 2006-11-06)

There won’t be any message( not even empty) if no record is returned.
It affects all reports

ilangovanc (BOB member since 2007-09-23)

Hello All,
I am assuming this file resides on the server. We work on a multi user environment. How can i make this change effective only for my reports? Is there any way I can make the change on my local client?

Thanks
Namit

namitrs :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-28)

Hi,

I changed the viewer.js file without success.

Could it be a cache problem (my ie cache is empty).

Thanks

JB

JBR_RUN (BOB member since 2009-08-10)

Have you boucnced the server yet?

Yes I stopped all the services and restrart all the services with the CMS.

It seeems that changes I made do nothing.

I changed the file :
TomCat\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\viewers\cdz_adv\language\fr\scripts\viewer.js (becauce I work with french version).

Maybe I’m not using the right file ?

JBR_RUN (BOB member since 2009-08-10)

How do we do it in 3.1 ?

kapilmalik :canada: (BOB member since 2006-03-23)