BusinessObjects Board

6.5 problem

Hi all. I am working on migrating my current environment 5.1.7 to 6.5.1. I am working in development but however at one point i had the repository configured to the wrong database. I ran a safe recovery pointed the repository to the correct database but now i can’t log into any desktop products. i get an invalid login error. however i am able to log into infoview and the admin console with no problem. Any suggestions? THanks :slight_smile:

I attempted to run another safe recovery and got the following error
SQL.DX.Create.Table.Documents
N/A:ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

Cannot create document domain. (ADW0019)
create table UNV_JOIN(JOIN_ID NUMBER(10) not null, UNIVERSE_ID NUMBER(10) not null, JN_X_AXIS NUMBER(10) not null, JN_Y_AXIS NUMBER(10) not null, JN_X1 NUMBER(10) null, JN_X2 NUMBER(10) null, JN_HIDDEN CHAR(2) not null, JN_POSITION NUMBER(10) not null)

MasterRepository () function fail:
SQL.UNIVERSE.Create.Table.UnvJoin
N/A:ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

Any thoughts???

bunkersoverbo :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-16)

Try grabbing the bomin.key from the webi server for your workstation - ensure that the connections are defined the same on your PC as well.
Or use Supervisor to recreate the bomain.keyon your PC - ensuring it is named the same.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

are you sure you ran a safe recovery? That should just create a bomain.key; it shouldn’t be trying to create any tables.

If your Infoview is working, I’d try copying bomain.key from locdata under nodes to locdata under BO 6.5; then try supervisor on the server.

btw, 6.5.1 is no longer supported for patches. I’d go with 6.5.3 or 6.5.4.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Did you delete the bomain.lsi file?

BertD :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-02-02)

I am in the exact situation. I am trying to upgrade from 5.1.6 to 6.5.1 and am getting the same error

MasterRepository() function fail:SQL.MASTER.Create.Table.UserAttribute
42000:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.

Error during update. (ADM0169)

Did you resolve this and what did you do?

sashi.bhushanam (BOB member since 2005-06-03)

It appears you are using sql server? Check your repository for the tables. Because it appears that when you run the safe recovery the tables are already there. As the following users stated you shouldn’t be creating tables. Only a new BOMain.key.

I am still a little confused. just like you did I am trying to upgrade in my dev first. I have a copy of 5.1.6 repository restored. Now I am using 6.5.1 to connect to upgrade and am receiving this error.

My thought process is as follows: I first to need to run a safe recovery to the newly restored copy and then upgrade. While I am doing so I am receiving the same error as you received.

From your recent reply, my understanding is that I should create a new key by connecting to the restored copy. If this is correct, then what will happen to my already existing 51 tables from 5.1.6?

sashi.bhushanam (BOB member since 2005-06-03)

Do you have supervisor (your old version) on you dev evironment server? If not that is where you need to start. You need to have that and the (current environment) bomain.key. Run a safe recovery, your bomain key will upgraded. Make sure you are pointing to the new dev database. After the safe recovery runs, and you are able to log succuessfully into bo. Immediately change your remaining domains to point to the new database!!! IF not your repositories will become cross linked and you don’t want that.

try this link

https://bobj-board.org/t/78911

this one i had a few weeks ago. i got a lot of repsonses

also check more in the general board for migrations.