BusinessObjects Board

6.1 Universe Documenter

Hello,
I am investigating an upgrade from 6.1 to Xl R2 and have been requested to fully document our universes. Is there a tool that will give me all Class and Object definitions as well as all connection information?
Thanks - :crazy_face: (this is my first post so I apologize in advance if I have not followed the proper newbie protocol)

kaifiser1 (BOB member since 2007-09-27)

Hi and welcome to BOB,

You can document your universes using managero provided by BO. Concerning connection it’s impossible to get info on them. Everything is encrypted.

Regards
Sebastien

Hi kaifiser1,

Have a look also at this Document a universe utility in the BOB’s download section. You may find it very useful.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thank you so much!
You guys rock - :mrgreen: It’s awesome getting such a quick and efficient response!
Thanks

kaifiser1 (BOB member since 2007-09-27)

Hey kaifiser1

I have done several end to end 6.5 to BOXI projects, we didn’t use any documentation tools to document universes. You can print out the Universe parameters that basically give you all the definitions table and joins of the universe. Then once you migrate your universe sucessfully to XI, if you have any issues you can refer to that, I hope this helps you.

That is the way I did it.

Aris

Aris Arefi_1995 :afghanistan: (BOB member since 2007-07-18)

:yesnod: Universe migration is very easy and not a lot of side effects.

Regards
Sebastien