BusinessObjects Board

'Greyed-out' classes in Designer?

When I open a derived universe in Designer some classes in the Universe Window are “greyed-out” while some are not. Is it possible via the SDK to differentiate between these classes? Specifically is there some property or method of a class that would show this information?

RufusLancaster :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-02)

I don’t have the data dictionary with me right now, though I believe your answer would be found in the repository table unv_class. The field called cls_classbaseid looks to be a key holder of information for you.

jac :australia: (BOB member since 2005-05-10)

I am actually trying to just access this information using the Designer SDK and not direct access to the repository database? The closest thing I can find is the RootClass property of an object or class.

It’s my understanding that the ‘greyed-out’ classes in the Universe window are classes/objects that are from another universe. So maybe I can access the RootClass, but how do I know what universe that RootClass comes from?

RufusLancaster :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-02)

You’d probably have to execute a sql statement from your VBA code that links unv_class with unv_universe…

jac :australia: (BOB member since 2005-05-10)