the BO universe and below each object it gives the list of reports that
use this object.
OBJ1
Report1
Report63
Report91
OBJ2…so on so forth.

Thanks

aroranikhil (BOB member since 2005-03-21)

Hi,

Using the “Auditor”, there is a standard report named “Impact Analysis.rep” that gives exactly what you want (Sheet 3.Objects used in documents)

Cheers,

Pat

patrice :fr: (BOB member since 2004-11-03)

Hi Patrice,

Can you be more specific as I am new to Auditor....I never used it...Is it seperate software which we need to install ....

Can you please explain in detail about auditor and how to do this with auditor?

Thanks,
Srinath

srinath2003 (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Here is another alternative. I did this presentation at the 2004 User Conference, and it includes an Excel-based utility to document a universe. Also, this presentation includes a Reporter-based utility that documents (almost) all objects used in a series of reports. A bit of cross-referencing of the two could get you what you need.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Sorry for answering so late.

Auditor is a Business Objects component, that need to be installed. In reality, you have to create some tables and views to store the stats, and install the standards universes and reports. BusinessObjects provides an installation Wizard, that is not very trivial.
You should find some docs on the BO website.

Cheers,
Pat

patrice :fr: (BOB member since 2004-11-03)

Hi,

Remember that with auditor you only analyse e-BI activity i mean activity threw webi. So Auditor is not the right solution. Dwayne’s one is better. Use his solution and mixed it with a report made upon managero universe to list all objects of a universe !

Regards