BusinessObjects Board

Prompts and Filters displayed in the Web report

Hei

I am new to Webintelligence. I have made a sales report with some filtering and prompting. The users very much would like to see these selections on the report, in order to prevent misunderstanding. How do I do this. Either in the header or just below.

Arne :?:

socon (BOB member since 2004-10-20)

I don’t think you can, like in bo insert query parameters like in bo full client in webi reports.

But, if think, you can in webi query parameters choose to display prompts in interface, which can show you parameters entered

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

I don’t have a Webi 2.x system to connect to at the moment but…

On the query panel there are 3 tabs. The first is for the results, the second for conditions, and the last for formatting / properties. Click on the third. Click on the drop-down selector and pick Document from the list. That will select the document properties tab. Look through the options, and I think there is something called “show prompts on report” or something like that.

It will display the prompts on the report, so the user can see what they selected. As a bonus, they can even change the item on the report and rerun the report from the viewer.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Dave’s got it right – it’s on the third tab, which is “Settings”, and you want to click the checkbox within the “Document” section for “Show prompts within the report”.

The only real nuisance is that the prompts are displayed in a different frame – so if you “print” – they aren’t displayed on the report “page”.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hei

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunatelly, I can not see the third tab that is called settings in the Query panel.
Mine presents 1: results objects 2: Query filters 3:Scope of analysis

Arne

socon (BOB member since 2004-10-20)

Does this help? :slight_smile:

The instructions that I gave were based on the fact that you posted in the Webi 1.x/2.x forum. If you are actually using the more recent version then the answer is different. The fact that you said “Query Filters” leads me to believe that you are actually using version 6, not version 2.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)