BusinessObjects Board

2nd Prompt LOV based on 1st Prompt input

Hi All, I have 2 prompts in a report.Requirement is, based on the value entered in 1st prompt the 2nd prompt LOV should appear. For ex the 2 Prompts are

Country
States

Based on the Country what you are entering in the Country prompt, only the corresponding states should display in the LOV of 2nd prompt

I tried like giving same prompt statement of Country to Country object and in the LOV query of States.Problem is the prompts are coming twice in the webi while running the report. Prompt given in Country object is coming as usual but LOv prompt is coming under the States prompt.

Users dont want the Prompt twice, is there anyother way i can achieve the same

bolead (BOB member since 2007-04-19)

Hi

What version of BO are you using. If the version is XIR2 there is an option of creating cascading List of Values in the designer.

If its an older version, I think cascading LOV’s cannot be created.

Thanks
Sid

siddhartha.dubey :india: (BOB member since 2006-09-13)

[quote:422baa7a37=“siddhartha.dubey”]If its an older version, I think cascading LOV’s cannot be created.
[/quote]

In XI R2, inbuilt feature is available for cascading LOVs.
But still in older versions, we can create cascading LOVs. Check this Designer FAQ.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

What you are asking is not possible, the prompts will have the cascading LOV twice as both the prompts are independent of each other

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)