BusinessObjects Board

previoulsy created reports giving errors

I have brought my reports (and universes) from a production env to a dev environment to make sure both envs are identical. I have my universes working so you can adhoc using webi. However, the previoulsy created reports give the following error when I try to open them:

This query does not reference a table - QP0007.

If I do a new query that is identical to the query in the report, it works fine.

Does anyone know why my original reports are not seeing the tables.

The universes structures have all been refreshed and the data that I am trying to query does exist in the tables. I am at a loss -

Thanks
Christine

ctanner94 (BOB member since 2002-12-11)

Did you change your universe?

peacock (BOB member since 2002-11-07)

These reports and universes are running perfectly on the production environment. When I brought them over to the development environment, I deleted the existing universes and reports from the repository and used designer to upload the new universes. When I try to open the reports on my local machine they give me the error.

The thing I don’t understand is if I recreate the exact query in a new report, I get results without a problem. For some reason when I try to run the “canned” report - it can not see the tables in the universe.

What we have done now is grabbed the Business Objects repository through oracle and are loading the entire repository (uni’s and reports) at once through oracle to see if that makes a difference.

I bet you’re getting this problem because you deleted the universes that the reports were built on. So, it’s no wonder that new queries work – you’re picking the new universes. The old queries don’t know what to pick.

Bobarella (BOB member since 2004-02-12)

I disagree. The reports were developed using the exact universes that were brought over from production. They work in the production environment not in the dev environment. If the 2 environments are the same, I am not sure why I am running into this problem.

Thanks for the input. :smiley:

Don’t disagree… Bobarella is right. You are having the problems because you deleted the original universes. While the “contents” are the same, the ID associated to the universe is no longer the same.

Originally:
Universe1- ID 10
Universe2- ID 11

You delete them and re-export them the other env.
Now:
Universe1- ID 12
Universe2- ID 13

All objects in a report as based on: Universe ID, Object ID in the Universe.

So… you typically Re-associate the Report to the new universe before deleting the old one… Only you don’t have that option now that the universe is already gone. (In the full client, you can view the data provider and change the Source Universe… it would then update all the Universe IDs to the new ones). Of course… if the old universe Id didn’t exist anymore, BO assumes you shouldn’t have access and doesn’t allow you to make these changes.

Your “BEST” bet is to find an older archived version of the previously exported Development Environment and re-export them there. Since they should contain the old ids, it would let your old reports work again. Migrate all reports before deleting the universe.

digpen :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

We have what I believe to be a fairly typical set-up, a Development, UAT & Production domain on the same Business Objects repository. As a universe is promoted from Development to UAT to Production, the connection is changed to point at the corresponding database.

What is the best practise for making an emergency change to a Production Universe bearing in mind that the Universe on Developer’s PC will have moved on from the version in Production? How do others edit the Production copy without wiping out the changes that are currently under development?

Paul Shovlar :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-05)

Without a versioning tool that integrates directly with Business Objects (available from third-party vendors) I manually do a backup (do not use Save As… in Designer as this will remove the universe ID) whenever I make universe changes that go into UAT or Prod. I can then restore a universe at any point in time. In addition I keep a change log once a universe goes into Production the first time, tedious but proven.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)