BusinessObjects Board

Is Live Office compatible with IDT universes(UNX)

Hello Gurus,

I am using SAP BUsinessObjects 4.0 SP 6 Patch 5.

Just wanted to here from the experts here if Live Office is compatible with IDT universes. Based on my research the last I heard was it is not compatible, but I was not sure if this was resolved in the new service packs.

You help is appreciated.
Thanks.

MSR_BO (BOB member since 2009-05-01)

hi

as far as I know it’s not. some UNX may work (especially if they’re just migrated from old UNVs) but no guarantee. And I assume that LO will reach the end of its life time soon… but if someone knows more, I’ll be happy to learn.
We have some users who got used to LO and would like to keep it, but we’re moving to UNX as well, and bring the news to them slowly :wink:

cheers
:mrsbob:

Miss Universe :de: (BOB member since 2010-02-16)

Planned to be supported in the future, apparently. Interesting to know that some may still work however. Have you tested that Miss Universe?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

not yet really, sorry, I’ve just read it elsewhere…
but somehow I don’t believe in this “will be supported in the future” thing.

Cynic :rotf: .

EDIT

UNX support for Live Office will be available by end of Q2

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-analysis-ms-office/blog

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Thanks

MSR_BO (BOB member since 2009-05-01)

which year? :mrsbob: :crazy_face: :mrsbob:

thanks for the info… (“SAP has greatly underestimated the usage of LiveOffice”---- aaaah!)
Now I need to roll back all my attempts to convince users that Crystal and Webi are also nice? :nopity:

Any updates on MS Office integration with IDT built UNX universes? It’s now almost May 2015 and we are on 4.1 SP02 Patch2. I am unable to find anything recent (last 12 months) relevant to this discussion. We are being asked to evaluate Microsoft BI tools as potential replacement for SAP BOBJ and direct integration of UNX based queries in Excel, PPT, Word and Outlook would be massive attributes in favor of keeping BOE.

trwaves :us: (BOB member since 2006-10-10)

from the Idea place:

Pasted from https://na5.brightidea.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=8B4CABCA-9A8A-4DFD-A2BD-CC3D677D10EC&idea_id=F6554A90-2941-4A79-9504-3B66CDD18112

Just my opinion, also looking at the roadmap:
LiveOffice is not the future direction.

You might want to look at Power BI by MS, or Analysis MS Office edition.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Also, Note that Live Office only works on 32-bit Office. Not 64.

Seagrass (BOB member since 2014-11-18)