BusinessObjects Board

BI40 Users and Groups Lists

Hello All,

Here’s an update to the BO Users list script, which was developed originally by Julien Bras, 01/2008. To view the original link, click topic below:

The latest file contains references to the BI4.0 assemblies.
If you haven’t installed the BI4.x client, the script will fail. So, make sure to install the BI40 Platform Client tool first before executing the script.

Moderators please review the uploaded file for everyone to use: <BOBI4_UserList_V001.zip>

Also, thanks to Julien for the original code.

Enjoy!
Fernand_DaCien
(UTC)
BOBI4_UserList_V001.zip (34.0 KB)

Fernand_DaCien :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-06)

Moderator note:
Approved, and moved to BOB’s Downloads.

Thanks for sharing.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

hello - which is not working - follwed steps too

stsrin :us: (BOB member since 2005-07-21)

Hi,

I’m not sure if you’re making a statement or asking a question.

-Fernand

Fernand - steps followed as per instruction - unable to extract the userlist . Sorry for the late response.

strsin,

Can you let me know which step is not working? e.g. eSession, Authentication, invalid reference, etc…?
Or are you getting an error when you execute the script?
Also, which version of BI4 client is installed on the machine?

If possible, take a screen print and post it here. Not knowing which step is failing is not helpful.

-Fernand

Fernand - Thank you for your kind mail and consideration. I was not able to run the macro(Excel doesn’t contain macros - I believe , correct me if I am wrong )

Mine is BI4 SP5 and looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you again - Srinivasan

Tried using this macro, no luck- received Run-time error:
“Automation Error-The object invoked has disconnected from its clients”

Enviroment- BI4.0 SP3, Office 2007, Windows7

PRIME (BOB member since 2011-08-31)

I get the error on the “Set UserObject = UserItem” line. Says Run time error ‘13’: Type Mismatch.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

thanks

adadevil (BOB member since 2010-01-13)

Hi Fernand_DaCien…do you have a similar file for BOXIR3 SP3?

Sandhiri (BOB member since 2013-08-06)

Hi. :wave:

i need to know which reports are assigned to which users.

Can you help me?

:expressionless:

BO JAC (BOB member since 2013-05-29)

Fernand,

My company changed to Outlook 2010 and now the script will not run. We are getting a popup error stating ‘Compile error: User-defined type not defined’.

We are using BI4 SP7.1. I have removed all references related to 12 and added 14 for Crystal Enterprise and BusinessObjects Enterprise.

Could you tell me what reference the users are included in?

surgeon648 :us: (BOB member since 2009-07-31)

Update:
I found the User and User Group .dll files in Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86 but when I try to add them, the Crystal Enterprise User PlugIn 12 and Crystal Enterprise UserGroup Plugin 12 become checked.

When trying to run using these, I get an error stating ‘could not connect to the server. Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running. 1000440’

surgeon648 :us: (BOB member since 2009-07-31)

Just found this and it’s great. Trying to manage 15k + users is no mean feat :shock:
Have been using the prev version but good to find an updated one for BO4.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing :smiley:

Lynnieshell :uk: (BOB member since 2012-09-18)

I get the following error when i try to run the macro, please let me know how to fix it. Thanks

Run-time error ‘-2147417848 (80010108)’:

Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

passport (BOB member since 2010-05-07)

Fernand, first of all many thanks for sharing this utility. I actually tried this on BI 4.1 but getting an error -
CrystalEnterprise12.SessionMgr1. - -214721105: Enterprise authentication could not log you on. Please make sure your login information is correct.
We are using Windows AD authentication.

Also I tried to see the Macro but in Macro list, it is not showing anything. I am sure, messing something here … it would be great if you can help me with your expert comments here…

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

hi,

how is calculate 'never connected ’ column .
i have an extract with a last login date on many account and on the same , column never connected set to 1 ?

if last logindate is insert login is on … (so 0)

thanks
regards
phil

docbo (BOB member since 2004-10-20)

Hi Fernand, Just thought to take your help in knowing is it working on BI4.1? We are usking Windows AD and it is failing… :frowning:

Could someone please guide me if there is any tool same as this for BI 4.1 WINDOWS AD authentication?

Hi,

You can use this very same tool. Just change the authentication type in the code from

secEnterprise

to

secWinAD

Then it should work for you.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)