BusinessObjects Board

Webi report for failed instances and schedule expiry

Hi gurus,

In our CMC, we have more than 1000 reports (crystal, webi, deskI reports) deployed. All reports are scheduled to run on daily basis at different times.

Now, business reqires a report showing failed instances of all the reports on daily basis. This should show failed reports on previous day and show details like report name, path and failed time.

Is it possible to create a webi report? BOXI 3.1 is installed on the server.

Thanks for your help.

chowdarysurendranath (BOB member since 2012-09-27)

This is easily accomplished as long as you have Auditing enabled. You should already have the Activity Universe installed, and Business Objects comes with a set of example Auditing reports. Have a look at these first to acquaint yourself with the kind of detail they provide. Also, read the Admin guide on auditing, it’s very helpful - you want Chapter 13 of this document:

Post back if you have any specific questions on the above, or if you get stuck.

HTH

NMG

mcnelson :uk: (BOB member since 2008-10-09)

Hi mcnelson,

I have the same requirement. I browsed the Activity universe, I am not understanding which object indicates report failure.(Ir respective of Failed reason)

can you please help me…

Thanks,

Sba.glb (BOB member since 2011-12-18)

Have a play around with the following objects and see what kind of data you get:

Actions Class:
Action Name & Action Name ID 327682 - Scheduling Failed,
Action Name & Action Name ID 327683 - Scheduling Failed but will be reattempted.

Add the Document Name and Path objects from the Document Operation Class, and a time period via Action Time.

HTH

NMG

Thanks mcnelson for the help…

I tried with these objects but report ran with 0 rows. however there are some failed reports.

If i check the universe connection - connection is not defined.

Can you please confirm on whether “The Activity universe should be pointing to AUDIT Database”

I did this for the activity universe in DEV- I gave the connection of AUDIT database for Prod. Its trowing some error.

can you please suggest…

Thanks,
Swapna

one more update on Activity universe query-

Since Webi report was not resulting any values, i took the query of the report with the appropriate objects and conditions and ran at the back end in Audit Database, there also it is not resulting in any values.

What can be causing this.

Please advice…

Thanks…

I suggest, in the first instance, you read the source material for configuring Auditing - this is found in the Admin guide, Chapter 13:

If you’re returning zero values, it could be that you don’t actually have auditing configured - hence give the guide a read and check your installation.

Make sure you’ve got everything working first, including your Activity Universe connection.

HTH

NMG

So unless you have Auditing running you cannot get this report!?! That is very poor since you are able to identify failed instances using the Instance Manager I would think that you could get a report to do the same instead of this additional step.

We all know that turning on Auditing affects performance so we cannot keep this on.

If there is anyone else out there who has identified a way to get a report without Auditing turned on I know I for one would be very happy to hear it.

Thanks

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

You could also use Query Builder; you don’t need auditing enabled to use it as it queries the CMS database directly. There’s a learning curve though.

As far as auditing and performance goes, you can fine tune your auditing, it’s quite configurable.

HTH

NMG

Thanks mcnelson; I got a script for Business Query. I thought that I can somehow bring it into a WEBI report on a weekly or daily basis so I don’t have to manually go and check things.
With Auditing; I’m afraid that the Activity Universe and knowledge of configuring Auditor is not available. :frowning:

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)