BusinessObjects Board

Business Objects 6.X

What are the rumors? When will it be released? Yadda, Yadda, Yadda.

Matt Minyard :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Didn’t do much searching, did you? :wink:

Do a search for Tosca.

In a nutshell, it looks awesome. I think we’ve heard from several people on the board that it will be released in the Q2. Some have heard early Q2, others have heard mid Q2.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Spring/First half this year. There is an article on the news section of the BO web site which is an interview with Great Uncle Liautaud…it was published on the 5th of Feb I think and refers to ‘Spring’ as the release date.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

You caught me! :roll_eyes: Did a very 1/2 a$$ search. Thanks for help. :smiley:

Matt Minyard :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Nick,

I couldn’t find this interview /arcticle, could you specify where is it?

Thanks
Reema

reemagupta (BOB member since 2002-09-18)

In one of our user group meeting, we had a demo of the TOSCA recently and they were talking about May/June release.

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Okay, anybody confirm / deny the rumors for supported operating systems? I heard that only Win2K was supported, that XP was not on the list for the initial rollout, at least for the client piece.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

That would be a mistake on their part…

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

I’m sure XP for the client is supported.

I believe the servers are Win2K, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris.

I think I saw a slide about XP that it is supported…also they will support whole package instead of mix and match from now on.

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Does anyone know what is the new features? Is the Webi functionally have the same feature with the full client? It’s quite tiring to explain to the user about why Webi can’t do this and do that. :confused:

Hary (BOB member since 2003-03-19)

Hary, welcome to BOB.

Do a search for “Tosca” and you’ll see a few summaries of the functionality.

The new WebI does most of the things that we have all been waiting for.

Here is some info.

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

That Article!

Hi all - here’s some info from the presentations - ie new functionality & then further down the typical STACK offerings that they have been talking about … :crazy_face:

TOSCA
4 key Broadcast Agent enhancements:
Save .rep documents as Excel: Tosca BCA Scheduler will enable a .rep document to be saved as Excel through batch processing.
Scheduling Cadenza Documents: Cadenza documents can be scheduled from Infoview as WebI 2.X documents.
Displayed Task List: Tosca BCA Console allows you to export the displayed task list in CSV Format.
Reschedule a Failed Task: In the current version of BCA Console, when a task that has ONCE as frequency fails, users have to define scheduling parameters and submit the task again.

2 key InfoView enhancements:
Catagories: In InfoView you are able to organise your reports in hierarchical categories.
InfoView Options: Users can now easily customize the ‘look and feel’ of InfoView via the options page. Users can add portlets, or web pages, of their favourite sites; and even upload agnostic documents into the repository.

6 key workflows enabled by the new WebIntelligence reporting tools.

1. HTML Report Panel: Provides an end-to-end, easy-to-use Query and Reporting tool. The step-by-step workflow enables you to build simple reports with many formatting and some analysis features.
  2. Java Report Panel: Provides the ability to create the same reports as above, but using the Java Report Panel.
  3. Enhanced Formatting within Java Report Panel. The Java Report Panel enables users to set many advanced formatting options, for cell properties, rows, headings, sections, and for the entire document. This workshop highlights the features available the Java Report Panel which are not provided with the HTML Report Panel.
  4. Advanced Query Filters. Advanced query enables users to refine their query definitions to a very detailed level.
  5. Variables and Formulas. The workshop focuses on new features surrounding adding formulas and the ability to define them as variables for reuse within the document.
  6. Java Report Panel Drill. This feature is similar to the drill in HTML, which already exists, except that with the new WebIntelligence release, you can drill from within the Java Report Panel itself. These workflows also demonstrate several enhancements to drill functionality.

Full Client
The new XML data provider, use the Find in Report feature and perform a Save As Excel.
Save as Excel
Find in Query Panel
Find in Report
Re-design of calculator engine

:blue:
Windows World Stack
Browser: IE5
Web Server: IIS 5
App Server: IIS 5
Database: Oracle (or SQLServer or DB/2)
Server OS: Windows 2000
Client OS: Windows 2000
To cover the need for WebIntelligence dHTML Client on Windows
We will add one JSP engine to this stack

Best of Breed Stack
Web Server: Apache 1.3
App Server: Apache 1.3 (tomcat)
Database: Oracle (or DB/2)
Server OS: Solaris 2.8

IBM Stack
Web Server: IBM HTTP Server (apache 1.3)
App Server: WebSphere
Database DB/2 UDB (or Oracle)
Server OS: AIX
Client OS: Windows

HP-UX Stack
Web Server: Apache 1.3
App Server: Apache1.3 (tomcat)
Database: Oracle
Server OS HPUX

:roll_eyes:
ciao MikeD

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

:yesnod: :mrgreen:

Que? What is Cadenza :confused:

Nice, I like it :yesnod:

Agnostic documents came along in version 5. I wonder what they mean?

Cadenza is the code name for a WebI 6 document. WQY is gone. I believe they are now WID documents.

Does anybody know if they have changed anything to the object models???
For Reporter and Designer anyway?

Olivier Masse :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I’m sure they’ve added alot to the Object Models to support the new functionality.

I’m also pretty sure that any existing SDK work will still function in the new release.

I’ve also heard that there is now an object model that supports the Supervisor module.