BusinessObjects Board

Possible to change owner of a document?

Hi, i am using BOE XIR2, I have one webi document currently its ownership is belong to user A, can i change the owner from A to B?

Thanks!

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

The only solution is to use CMS sdk … except if the user B is the Administrator itself …

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Is it refer to BOE SDK? Actually what is it? Is it something free need to install? Where i can download it?

Thanks!

ylai20 :malaysia: (BOB member since 2008-05-21)

Hi Sebastien Goiffon,

Assuming I’m the Administrator and i want to change the ownership of a set of reports or a set of folder to the other user who has deligated administration(he’s and administrator). Could you please tell me how to change the ownership of all the reports in a folder to his name/ the entire folder to his name. Could you please tell me the steps to do that??

Your help would be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Shiva

shiva.tomar (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

It is very simple.
For example User A is the owner of Report 1.Give the view access on Report 1.
Open the Report 1 with User B credentils. Save As this report in favourites. And again bring back to same folder. Owner of the Report 1 will be change to User B.

It is time taken process for bulk reports

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)

Thanks a lot Arjun,

One more doubt I have. If i have folder “A” which is a parent folder of “B” which in turn is parent folder of “C”. (in hierarchy they like like below)

• A
    • B
      +C

and each folder has 100 reports in it. and i’m the Admin. I’ve given deligated administration to you(Arjun/xyz). And I want that you should have the ownership of these reports and folders. How do I change that at one stretch??

Please mention an answer which describes the steps. Else it might confuse. Your efforts are appreciated.

But my guess here is by simply changing the folders it wont change the owners name i think first we need to take it out of the system and then publish it back into the system then it’ll change the name. (else If any copy-paste method will change the name of the owner in BOE, then the whole tracking system will fail.
Cheer,
Shiva

shiva.tomar (BOB member since 2007-10-05)